Larnach Castle pt 2

Monday, June 16, 2008

( click on photos for enlargement)






As you can see from this signpost the weather
was pretty dim, this was taken just leaving Dunedin..







Dunedin is o
n the South Island of New Zealand and one of the prettiest places I
h
ave ever visited.






The area is very much Scottish influenced. I won't give up too much information about Dunedin as yet, you will have to wait until I post about it..



















These photos are views taken from the very top of the Castle












I
climbed, this staircase which took me to the top of the tower. It wasn't so bad climbing to the top, coming down was the problem; the steps were very narrow and there were no hand rails. We had to walk in single file.

1 comments:

Carol said...

I would have liked to have spent a lot more time there. We had about an hour to do the tour as well as climb the staircase. It was a bit too rushed Really didn't have too much time to explore the grounds..