Wisteria Gardens Parramatta

Wednesday, June 4, 2008





It is such a wet and
miserable day in Sydney today I had to sift through my photos and find something to brighten up my day. These were all taken during Springtime 2007. The Gardens are a part of Cumberland Hospital. It is opened each September for two weekends only.
























Besides the gardens being opened the patients and their families run a fete selling crafts, jams , books and the odd piece of junk..





It is such a perfect place to relax and wander about smelling the flowers , at the end of the walk- about tea, coffee and Devonshire scones are served for a very small fee



There were so many photos to choose from; these are just a few...


They certainly brightened my very cold wet winter's day..

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Carol, I finally came to this wonderful blog. Your photography is breathtaking ... and I loved the poem about the butterflies ... and fireflies. We don't have fireflies here in Arizona. Whenever I go back east during the summer months, one of the highlights are fireflies -- they bring back such wonderful memories.

Oh ... and the lighthouse is awesome.

Francine Biere said...

Okay ... that last comment was from me. I'm not sure how I ended up being anonymous ... lol.

Carol said...

I just knew that anonymous was you Francine :)

Stacey said...

Hi Carol,
It may have been a wet day in Sydney....
but.......
Your beautiful photos,should really make the sun shine.
Hope you are well ;-D