Rotorua New Zealand

Sunday, June 29, 2008








I took these photos at Rotorua which is on the North Island of New Zealand










The smell from the sulphur and hot springs was quite overpowering. I did get to spend time in a hot spa at the resort we were staying in and I have to say, although the sulphur was not a pleasant smell it was very relaxing..







A celebration was held in our honour in their meeting house. We were entertained by a group of Maoris and their chief. Their singing was beautiful and their humour very entertaining some of us were chosen to join in and be part of the entertainment . Thats me in the pink making a fool of myself swinging the pois. I had really bad co ordination, what made it worse was that I couldn't stop from laughing..

The end of the night was finished off with a traditional Maori feast..


( click on photos for enlargement)

3 comments:

RitasRavings said...

Carol,
Beautiful new blog and those photos. I so want to visit NZ. Thanks for posting these.

Carol said...

Of Course Cami, I couldn't stop from laughing I was so hopeless with swinging the pois and then catching them, I almost knocked myself out..

Carol said...

Thanks Rita, NZ is such a pretty place..Rotorua wasn't the nicest of places with all the geysers and the smells but we did enjoy seeing the culture of the Maoris.... I'll be posting more photos from New Zealand from time to time..I have 100's of them..

Thanks for your visit Rita.