On The wings of a Butterfly

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Last year a lady I was working with approached me and asked if I had written any poems about butterflies...Her 30 year old daughter had died from cancer a few years ago, she had loved butterflies...I didn't have anything, and I wasn't too sure if I could write her anything. A few days before my work was due to finish I went through some of my photos and came across these lovely pansies. I snapped them at The Wisteria Gardens, Parramatta and although it wasn't a butterfly, I wrote the words for my friend.. I framed and gave it to her on our last day together..She was so thrilled because pansies were her favourite flower..

4 comments:

shnaggy said...

oh carol!!!

wow! you did that poem for someone. some people are just so gifted like you.

kookie is doing just fine and if you're gonna be a granma late september, i'll be much ahead of you. kookie is due early july. haha. is bump tanya's? break a leg!!!

oh btw, i love your new blog!!!

Carol said...

It was very special to my friend...I really hope that she got some comfort from it..


Hi, Shnaggy I see you found your here, It is lovely to hear from you..No "Bump" is my son's.. they do have some names chosen Benjamin James and Lillian Margaret...

Carol said...

Oh and Kookie is having babies bet they will be just so cute :)

Stacey said...

Carol, this is beautiful, I bet she was thrilled, I would have been also. Hope you have had a good weekend :-D